Search This Blog

Friday 13 March 2015

Studying Literature......


I have come across in the context of books since my childhood...have read many books, obviously just for entertainment and fun. As I have long time sharing of the books with my bed, and forgetting all the unwanted stuff is the chief motto of the time. But as the time passes it permits me to play outside the home and the level of education also needs more time. but, books- I can not sacrifice them. it takes me to the unknown and dreamy world where unknowingly it shapes my mind, understanding and viewpoints..
 in my under graduation I have studied many literary books. In fact i can say that I have enjoyed many books. We were exposed to new syllabus. So having original text in hand is a sign of studious student!!! Sounds funny but true. No, no I didn't have much text books but it may be either one or two.. and I never kept books in my hands, for me it was such a old fashioned ..I have a bag for it. We were lucky that our teaching faculty used to bring original text in the classroom. So we can see the cover pages of it and having quotes from it.   In syllabus we have works from the authors like: William Shakespeare,  Henrik Ibsen, Toru Dutt, Gandhiji, John Dryden, Rabindranath Tagore, John Osborn, Adulus Huxley, Jane Austen, etc. Criticism is also by R.J Rees.


That’s how literature is the firm part of myself. As other basic needs like thirst, hunger, fatigue, reading too is necessity for me. I learn many things from literature.  I would try my best to express it in words….
Literature gives me patience. Patience in the sense, wait until you are not shown both the sides of the coin, don’t rush in anything or for any one. Take your time. Let the time come…
Literature teaches me detachments. When you are in the crisis or unfavourable situation just detach yourself from the situation. This detachment can makes you able to judge the situation more clearly. It helps you to realise your mistakes if any. It may be save your relations. It may be control unwanted feelings of annoying, disgust and anger.
Literature taught me compassion, that engenders from the dealing; just put yourself at the other person’s place and try to see the things… And this makes me to forgive easily. But at a time it stops me to question the thing and sometimes I feel I am cheated. Now I am learning do what you heart suggests.
It is more difficult for me to point out what I have learned…as I never read for learning. Rather when I read the original text, I used to write my reflections in the book, in the margin area. After that I forgot it…and lose the track.
I have studied books of the author like Arthur Miller, Gandhiji, Ibsen, Rabindranath Tagore,  Shakespeare, Dryden , bacon , Huxley, etc. But I was just weaving bye bye to my teen age and welcoming my youth..at that time, I just not take seriously all that stuff. Critical eyesight was yet to develop. Was just having wonder in the eyes, opening beautiful and tender (seems tin that age now laughed at) some so called creative facts and findings from that book obviously with meaning .I like..
Trying my best to be true to me and this blog, I would like share some more… from poems I learn the how beautifully one can express even negative feelings too. The way of expressions changes many things, as it affects lots of things.
I do not have original text of English essays but yes during my schooling I am lucky to read essays of Javaharlal lNaheru, Kaka Kalelkar, Umashankar Joshi,  Manubhai Pancholi etc. writers’ essays. I learn how lightly and dhow heavily one can present thoughts with convincing tone. I have also read humorous articles by Jyotindra Dave, Vinod Bhatt, Ratilal Borisagar. It shows how to laugh on the situation, but I doubt if I can implement it every time..!!!!

Seems too long na...but One most important thing I have learn is that  I am human being, and no human beings are perfect. Accept your self s human being. Try to be calm and take it easy.. Do not rush to be perfect. Just be you. Master your skills but not in the cost of anything else. Practise daily, not for win the race but for more new then yesterday, a step ahead.
During these two years, I learn to expand myself. Show that you love yourself. Relearn the things. Unlearn the old learning. Question everything… and be confident. Creative ideas have no competition as it based on one’s mind and each one is less or mere creative in his or her own way… Never say no to do anything. Do not know what opportunity it brings to you….Be open enough that you can be you in every condition….

 

No comments:

Post a Comment